1880 Census Questions
Quick Links to Questions from Population Schedules of other U.S. Census Years
The following questions were those included on the Population Schedule for the 1880 Census.
In Cities (Name of Street, House Number)
- Dwelling houses numbered in order of visitation
- Families numbered in order of visitation
- The Name of each Person whose place of abode, on 1st day of June, 1880, was in this family.
- PERSONAL DESCRIPTION: Color — White, W. Black, B. Mulatto, Mu. Chinese, C. Indian, I.
- PERSONAL DESCRIPTION: Sex — Male, M. Female, F.
- PERSONAL DESCRIPTION: Age at last birthday prior to June 1, 1880. If under 1 year, give months in fraction
- If born within the Census year, give the month
- Relationship of each person to the head of the family -- whether wife, son, daughter, servant, border, or other.
- Civil Condition: Single
- Civil Condition: Married
- Civil Condition: Widowed / Divorced, D.
- Married during Census year
- Occupation: Profession, Occupation or Trade of each person, male or female
- Occupation: Number of months this person has been unemployed during the Census year
- Health: Blind
- Health: Deaf and Dumb
- Health: Idiotic
- Health: Insane
- Health: Maimed, Chrippled, Bedridden, or otherwise disabled
- Education: Attended school within the Census year
- Education: Cannot read
- Education: Cannot write
- Nativity: Place of Birth of this person, naming State or Territory of United States, or the Country, if of foreign birth
- Nativity: Place of Birth of the Father of this person, naming the State or Territory of United States, or the Country, if of foreign birth.
- Nativity: Place of Birth of the Mother of this person, naming the State or Territory of United States, or the Country, if of foreign birth.
Copyright © 2011 by Family Tree Brands, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Google Your Family Tree |
Vital Records |
Immigration Records |
Celebrity Genealogy |
1940 Census |